Key areas of focus include, but are not limited to:
• Accountable for Cost improvement projects aimed at improving molding processes, equipment and tooling.
• Oversight for molding department changes. Instrumental in creating equipment design concepts of new and replacement injection molding equipment. Works with Operations Management on key issues including machine repairs, parts and machine maintenance, capital and cost improvements.
• Conceives, develops and demonstrates manufacturing capability of molding process, equipment and tool changes that will improve process efficiency and/or product quality.
• Develops maintenance systems and including tool life/reliability and preventive maintenance procedures.
• Coordinates with Product Development Engineering, Research & Development and Quality Engineering teams on new products, molding equipment and tool development projects.
• B.S. Degree in engineering. Mechanical, Materials, Chemical and Plastics/Polymers preferred disciplines.
• 10 years of hands-on manufacturing experience preferred with a minimum of 5 years injection-molding process experience.
• Mold and tooling design experience ideal.
• Demonstrated experience managing projects to cost and schedule
• Experience developing and upgrade molding equipment with internal and external resources.
Excellent early career opportunity for a hands-on manufacturing engineer experienced in injection mold processes to grow with a thriving southern Connecticut consumer products company. The successful candidate will have a Bachelors degree in Mechanical Engineering, Polymer/Plastics Engineering, Materials Engineering, Chemical Engineering or comparative technical discipline along with a minimum of five (5) years demonstrated experience with molding process development and improvement, mold design, equipment and tool development. Experience managing manufacturing projects to cost/schedule and rolling new products out into manufacturing is a key ingredient for success in this high-volume, fast-paced environment.