Product Design Engineer - Electro/Mechanical Equipment
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Creates conceptual design lay-outs for mechanical components including gears, enclosures and sub-systems and assemblies
• Integrates, packages and tests mechanical and electronic components.
• Develop applicable fixtures and tooling.
• Develops Bill of Materials.
• Create and maintain engineering documentation and related manufacturing instructions
• Assists in assembly and installation activities.
• Provide engineering support and technical guidance to purchasing.
• Work closely with electrical design and engineering to integrate control systems.
• Create and maintain relationships with contract manufacturers for mechanical components and sub-systems.
• Apply DFA/DFM concepts to improve product quality and reduce manufacturing costs.
• Provide expert mechanical and systems support to Technical Support Team and OEM customers.
• A.S. Mechanical Engineering with 15 years related experience. B.S. Mechanical Engineering or related technical degree preferred with 7 to 10 years related experience.
• Expert with solid-modeling CAD tools. Solidworks experience preferred.
• Minimum 5 years experience developing sheet-metal and plastic components and sub-systems
• DFA/DFM experience and knowledge of various methods of manufacturing and assembly
• Experience with design of electro-mechanical packaging and enclosures
• Demonstrated experience developing new products from concept to introduction to manufacturing.
• Demonstrated experience with motion control applications and complex equipment development.
• Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications
• Ability to handle multiple projects at once.
This is a great opportunity for an experienced mechanical engineer with motion-control experience and complex equipment development to be a key contributor on a product development and support team. The successful candidate will use demonstrated, practical experience designing, building, testing, and integrating mechanical components and sub-systems for complex printing systems for graphics and custom printing industry.
**Additional considerations: Position will be located in Hartford Metro area. Please forward resumes to Hire Logic LLC at email@example.com. For more information, call 860-644-8877 and ask for Sue