Director, Global Sales
• Manage global sales opportunity funnel – ensure MEV growth each year to keep sales growth on target to double company revenues by 2016
• Establish local and individual objectives to ensure growth in sales and MEV, as well as accomplishment of key strategic objectives during each year
• Evaluate, hire, coach and top-grade the global sales team to enhance overall bench strength of core team
• Drive strong strategic selling, large account management, value selling and other key skills throughout the commercial team through training and direct mentoring
• Oversee complex and substantial negotiations and contractual compliance with large OEM customers. Serve as lead negotiator as needed for key deals.
• Implement strategic and annual pricing as well as oversee commercial terms for customers
• BS in Engineering preferred, MBA or similar desirable
• 15+ years experience preferred, with demonstrated success in technical OEM sales
• Demonstrated experience and results in a sales management role, with experience managing a sales team in diverse (and preferably international) locations desirable
• High energy, strong interpersonal and communication skills, and motivation to demonstrate success on the way to significant career advancement
• Experience with large OEM sales in diesel engine or off-highway industries preferred, automotive OEM sales experience desirable but not required
• Cultural flexibility and international business experience desired - ability to speak multiple languages a plus, but not required
This is an excellent opportunity for a proven sales manager with international sales experience in off-highway, Agricultural, Diesel Engine and/or construction equipment markets.
Reporting to the Chief Commercial Officer, the successful candidate will lead all global sales efforts for a global sales team charged with doubling sales of the product line sold both to OE customers and distribution channels, including finding and penetrating adjacent markets, new geographic regions, and bring new technology offerings to market. Directly manage sales professionals and managers in North and South America and Europe, and provide guidance to local sales teams in India and China. Up to 75% domestic and international travel expected. Position will preferably be based in Connecticut but other US locations will be considered particularly Midwest where key customers are located.